Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Name Is Jacob, I Have Down Syndrome (Freckle Books)

My Name Is Jacob, I Have Down Syndrome (Freckle Books) Review



Freckle Books are designed to explain to typical children, the differences and difficulties of being a child with special needs. This story is written through the eyes of Jacob, who has down syndrome. He shares some of his favorite things, his everyday challenges, and tells his friends how they might be able to help him with certain tasks. Parents now have a tool to help educate others about some common characteristics of down syndrome. Teachers and group leaders now have a tool to help introduce a child with down syndrome to their class or group. Information about down syndrome and strategies for success are included, as well as a list of national down syndrome organizations. The illustrations are simple and meaningful while the words are large and visually appealing. My Name is Jacob, I Have Down Syndrome can set the tone for an accepting atmosphere within children's groups. The Freckle Books are 8 1/2 x 11 inches and saddle stitched - easy to hold open while reading to children.


No comments:

Post a Comment